The info showed that the Coronavirus situation is shifting content consumption patterns, with 73% changing the types of content they consume online. There is, however, a mixed response in relation to ads adjacent to Coronavirus content.
Key consumer behaviour stats for advertisers to know:
- 82% of UK consumers are actively seeking out Coronavirus news and content online
- 87% are consuming more news generally because of the evolving Coronavirus situation
- 32% of consumers think it is unsuitable for a brand to appear near to Coronavirus content while, 31% say that the suitability of a brandname appearing near Coronavirus content “depends on the brand”
Key consumer perception stats for publishers to know:
- 73% of UK consumers say that the Coronavirus situation is changing the types of content they consume online
- Only a mere 16% says they are NOT likely to engage with an ad adjacent to Coronavirus content
- Food/Beverage and Travel brands top the list of verticals that consumers don’t want to see adjacent to Coronavirus content:
- Travel (41%), Food / Beverage (36%), Real Estate (28%), Retail (24%), Auto (24%)
- Consumers do want to see Health/Pharma and Government organisations adjacent to Coronavirus content:
- Health/Pharma (46%), Government (39%), Not for profit (24%), Education (18%)
mindtalks.ai ™ – mindtalks is a patented non-intrusive survey methodology that delivers immediate insights through non-intrusively posted questions on content websites (web publishers), mobile applications, and advertisements (ads). The conversation is just beginning !, click here to sign-up and connect with other mindtalkers who contribute unique insights and quality answers on this ai-picked talk.